Monday, 15 August 2016

How to dress like a child and get away with it...






Vintage dungarees | Brandy Melville tee | MDG jewellery necklace | Converses

I'm always up for wearing dungarees as they are super easy to style and wear all day. I wore this in LA whilst I went for breakfast at the Beverly Hills hotel - yes I did get some odd looks but I was so content with how comfy I was. I think the key to pulling off an outfit that you wore as a child is just pure confidence and also accessorising well. You should wear everything with your head held high and with the biggest smile. Thats the key in making any outfit go from 80% to 100%. 

It's definitely something I didn't get used to instantly but over time it has helped me wear whatever I want and ignore what other people may think. I get asked all the time how I am when wearing certain outfits and how I react when I get a negative response. The truth is, I really don't give a shit. If an outfit makes me feel good and happy then why sacrifice it for someone else's thought? At the end of the day, you should be able to wear whatever you want. Express yourself how ever you feel like it. So the key to wearing anything and getting away with it? Confidence! Now feel free to dig up those old photos and recreate some childhood outfits! 

Photos taken by Chelsea Cooper

18 comments:

  1. Love those denim dungarees! Cute outfit!
    xx
    Claudia
    www.trendenciesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! If you feel confident about what you're wearing, you can pull any look off! x

    www.ashrealasitgets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing girl, so gorgeous! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh you totally kill this look though. Love those dungarees!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your confidence! More people should care less what people think of them. I practice self-confidence every time I get dressed and head outside :)

    www.insearchofsheila.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you dressed the look up with a Chanel bag, we always try to wear dungarees but constantly look about six years old!
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute! And that is true, the key is pure confidence.

    XOXO - Lovingrose_

    New Post: http://lovingrosestyle.blogspot.com/2016/08/Jords-wood-watches.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color of your shirt and the necklace xo!
    NEW POST
    www.fashionnfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these kind of outfits, perfect if u want to be comfy all day!
    https://wiltedxfaded.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always giving me outfit inspo <3

    nicoleomahony.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this look.. xx
    https://jemimaha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look so much !

    Sara
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You would be the coolest child ever!

    Liz
    www.liznroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your confidence! More people should care less what people think of them. I practice self-confidence every time I get dressed and head outside :).....

    Branding Agency Singapore | Vector Graphics Designing Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute outfit, I see so many people wearing dungarees atm but I already look about 16 (I'm constantly ID'd and bus driver's are always astoudned when I ask for an adult single, it's ridiculous!) so I feel like a dungarees would make me look like even more of a kid. I don't mind looking young but I'm 23 next year ahaha, I do like black dungarees tho, I think they feel a little more 'grown up' so I might give them a shot...

    xamandajayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so in love with your style

    frenchiedoesit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore the title of this article, and the contents of it is perfect! Converse are so comfy and stylish and the dungarees fit you so well. Loving the look! x

    https://queensandkinks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete